Spyware is undesirable software that can exploit you
and your PC for commercial gain.
Why do you need anti-spyware protection?
- Cause you to receive numerous pop-up advertisements
- Steal your personal information including financial
information such as credit card numbers
- Monitor your web-browsing for marketing purposess
- Re-route your web browser to advertising sites
How do you avoid getting spyware?
- Always keep your computer software updated, including
operating system, web browser, and security software
- Use a strong hardware firewall or software firewall
- Use a trusted anti-virus program
- Use a superior anti-spyware program
What else can you do to avoid getting spyware?
- Never click on links in an email – unless someone you know
confirmed they sent it to you
- Read all EULAs and privacy policies carefully – if you see
terms that seem question able, don’t install the software
- Beware of pornography, online gambling, get-rich-quick, and
other high-risk web sites
- Be cautious downloading “free” software, which is often
offered without requiring payment in exchange for accepting
other (spyware) software